- Posted in Recipes
For many people, putting together a healthy dinner seems overwhelming. Our busy world leaves us little time for planning meals and preparing them. So often, we end up in the drive through or throwing together a bunch of packaged ingredients.
Fortunately, there are a variety of recipes that do not require much prep work, but are still delicious and healthy! If you are in a pinch, but still want a homemade meal, consider trying Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas.
In addition to being healthy, it’s also a great family meal since everyone can customise their own toppings.
- 700g chicken (can be thawed or frozen, strips or chicken breast)
- 2 to 3 sliced capsicums
- 1 sliced onion
- Spices: A sprinkle of turmeric, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp paprika, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of your favourite salsa
- Toppings: Additional salsa, sour cream, shredded lettuce, black beans, shredded cheese
- In a slow cooker, place chicken, spices, salsa, onion, and capsicum.
- Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours (exact times will depend on your slow cooker) or 3 to 4 hours on high. Cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked and peppers and onion are tender.
- Once cooked, shred the chicken and add it back to the crockpot.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Additional options include adding a can of black beans to the slow cooker or experimenting with the spices you use. This meal can also be served with tortilla chips, tortillas, over rice, or over a bed of salad. The options are endless! Bonus: It makes the house smell amazing!